Want a dazzling effect that will actually last after day one? I’ve got the perfect sparkling manicure that will have the whole room talking!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- CLEAR BASE COAT POLISH (For this I used Wet & Wild Mega Last Double Take)
- CIATÉ- AMAZING GRACIE (base coat)
- CIATÉ – SNOW GLOBE (top-coat, design)
- 4″ Mini Personal Fan (Walmart, $4.69)
- Paint your nails with the clear base coat first! This will give an even surface for your polish to apply to and also it protects your nail beds from any staining (if you use a cheaper brand). Also, I find that it makes it easier for removal!
- Apply Ciaté’s Amazing Gracie as your base coat first, it should take a few minutes to “dry” with the use of the 4′ Mini personal fan. Apply a second coat. I usually use two coats of polish to truly show the colors of the polish. Paint to your own intensity! Wait about 10 minutes for the base coat to dry before applying the top coat.
- Use Ciaté’s Snow Globe to top off the Amazing Gracie base. Each dip should come with a nice amount of holographic flakes that will enhance the design of your polish. Also, pairing it with Amazing Gracie not only highlights the soft pink color, but the holographic flecks just make it look extra cool. Allow for another 10 minutes in front of the fan to let the top coat dry.
- Apply a top coat of clear polish. This will encase the flakes so they do not chip off or come off while it is drying itself.
- This nail session should take about 30 minutes!
WORDS OF ADVICE
- I adored both colors from Ciaté, but I did use the mini paint pots instead of the large ones.
- The Amazing Gracie mini was perfect, came on smooth and gave great color with only two coats.
- The Snow Globe mini was great at first, but did begin to clump up on me while trying to apply a second coat. I do believe this was because it was a smaller pot, but be wary of this when you do use it.
- This particular manicure lasted a week for me. It didn’t begin to crack or chip until about day 6, which is a LONG time if you are a busy varnishta like myself and work a lot with your hands.
- Overall, I’d grade Amazing Gracie with an Amazing A+, while Snow Globe gets a B+ only because of the clumpiness, but the flakes and the holographic shimmer lasted all the way up until removal.
Make sure to post your own adaptations or let me know how this tutorial works out for you!
YOU ARE NOW VARNISTA-VERIFIED