Before I show off my manicure of the week, I thought it would be helpful to spotlight a main component that I used! Mainly because it’s a mega beauty cheat code that I’ve always indulged in and it’s about time I share my secret.
Like most people out there who do their nails on a regular basis, I am not a professional nail technician nor do I have all the equipment necessary to create all the drama and grandeur of every design I want. The one thing I was missing from my nail polish collection was a Nail Art Brush. What I do have, is my MacGyver like thinking skills and determination- which lead to me the following beauty cheat. Which is the:
ALTERNATIVE NAIL ART BRUSH
And what is this alternative nail art brush you ask? It’s actually a liquid eyeliner applicator. Tada!
Turning a liquid eyeliner applicator into a nail art precision brush is actually quite easy.
- Make sure that you use ALL of your liquid eyeliner.
- Not for any other reason than to make sure you don’t waste what you spent your hard earned money on!
- Discard of the bottle only leaving the top (as seen in the first picture).
- Use rubbing alcohol to disinfect the applicator.
- You’ve been using this on your face and probably just throwing it back into the bottle- so make sure any bacteria is cleaned off by soaking the top in rubbing alcohol first.
- Use nail polish remover to clean the applicator after the soak.
- It may seem a bit redundant, but I like to be extra safe when it comes to reusing things- plus it’ll take off all the left over liquid from the eyeliner.
- Once you have properly cleaned the eyeliner, you may now dip the applicator into your favorite varnish as precision for any design you’d like! Make sure to keep the nail polish remover handy to clean it!
I’m sure I’m not the first person to come up with this technique, but I thought it’d be a helpful cheat code to add to your rolodex of awesome nail art skills. However, if you are interested in purchasing your own Nail Art Sets without having to make them yourself- Here is a helpful list below:
NAIL ART BRUSH SETS