WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Paint your nails with the clear base coat.
- First, get the easy part out of the way. Paint all fingers except your ring finger on both hands with Rise & Shine. Allow to dry for 3-5 minutes.
- Once dry, paint both ring fingers with Easy Going as a base for your design. (This way the glitter in Pinky Glitter will show up more!) Allow 3-5 minutes to dry.
- Paint Pinky Glitter over Easy Going for a vibrant pink glitter effect! Allow 15-20 minutes to dry.
- Dip a Nail Art Precision Brush to dip into Rise & Shine polish to make hearts over the pinky glitter effect. I did four just because I barely have a steady enough hand to make smaller ones. Just make two intersecting lines to make the hearts! Trust me, if I can do it- you can do it since I barely know how to do things without messing up a couple times.
- If you don’t own a Nail Art Precision Brush, check out THIS beauty cheat code for an alternative!
- Dry for 15 minutes!
- This nail session should take about an hour- depending on your patience!
WORDS OF ADVICE
- Rise & Shine is like no other Sinful Color varnish I’ve used before. It was as perfect as it could get! The dry time was faster than any one I’ve ever used and the sheer vibrance of the color was astounding. Perfect 10, A+, Thumbs Up! Whatever this varnish needs to get a high score I shall give it!
- Easy Going was a perfect base and held nice for Pinky Glitter. I’ll give it an A for effort, though it’s a little too pale for my taste in pink.
- Pinky Glitter did an amazing job and the texture was right, though it fell a little bit in the shimmer department. It didn’t add the pop effect that I wanted- which was why I added the hearts in the first place. A solid B for this varnish. Hey, it still passes!
- Now I did end up waiting a while to do the teal pink hearts, only because I wasn’t sure if I wanted them or not. However, once they were added- it made this cohesive tie to all the other nails and everything just looked better!
- The varnishes overall get an A+ for lasting completely after a full weeks’ wear.
- I took a cue from the Sinful Colors “Flirt With Hearts” collection and strayed away from the cliche reds and white and pinks for Valentine’s Day and with with a striking teal that definitely brightened my mood! Overall, I think I made a great decision!
Make sure to post your own adaptations or let me know how this tutorial works out for you! Also, link me to your own Valentine’s Day nail designs! I’d love to see what styles you all went for!
YOU ARE NOW VARNISTA-VERIFIED