Sometimes the designs we want require a little more than just the brush on the handle of a varnish. Of course, there are certain tools designed to make them happen- but we all don’t usually know where to get them or have the time to order them! So I’ve decided to share some of my beauty cheat codes that can help the every day Varnishta create the perfect design!
Dotting tools aren’t exactly expensive, but not many people end up finding the right ones. Here is a quick little how-to for a homeade dotting tool that we ALL have in our own home.
ALTERNATIVE NAIL DOTTING TOOL
What You’ll Need:
- A bobby pin with the wax bulb at the end.
- Your favorite polish.
The steps are pretty easy on this one.
- Take a bobby pin and bend it to where the end with the wax bulb can easily be dipped in the polish.
- Take the lid off of your polish and pool a small amount on a piece of paper.
- Put the wax bulb end of the bobby pin in the pool of polish and roll it until the end is covered.
- Use the bobby pin to make whatever design you want on your nail art!
And tada! You’re done!
As I like to say, I’m not the first person to come up with this technique, but I thought it’d be a helpful cheat code to add to your rolodex of awesome nail art skills. If you are interested in purchasing your own Nail Dotting Tool without having to make them yourself- Here is a helpful list below:
NAIL DOTTING TOOLS