Happy Nail Year everyone!
We’ve made it through another month- and you know what that means! GIVEAWAY TIME! Hold your hats, ladies and gents, this one is going to be amazing. I’ve had so much fun showing off all the wonderful varnishes that my Varnish of the Month Salon Perfect has to offer all this month. Whether you’re familiar with Salon Perfect or you’re new to the scene, this is a heck of a way to get started or even add to your collection.
SALON PERFECT PRIZE PACKAGE
SALON PERFECT ULTIMATE PRIZE PACK
THIS PRIZE PACKAGE INCLUDES:
Yes! That is a whopping 8 items ranging from polish to beauty that you can try on your own! I love their nail polishes and art liners, but most people who know me, know that I am a lash girl. I do not leave the house without them and Salon Perfect has a great line that shows dramatic night-time looks to simple day-time looks to get you going!
As always, all of this polishes are NEW AND UNOPENED.
- START: TUESDAY, MARCH 31ST, 2015 AT 8:00PM EST
- END: TUESDAY, APRIL 7TH, 2015 AT 8:00PM EST.
- WINNER WILL BE NOTIFIED ON WEDNESDAY, APRIL 8TH, 2015, VIA EMAIL.
I am using the simple to use app GLEAM for the giveaway, which provides fun ways to give and unlock entries into any competition you want to hold! With Gleam each person is eligible for 11 entries into this giveaway, so take advantage of all the opportunities.
- You must be a Varnishta- that means you must be follower of my blog.
- Even if you complete all the Gleam entries, if you are not following my blog your entries will be invalid.
- Comment below on this post with the entry question.
- Use the Gleam link below to finish entering in the giveaway! That is how I will be picking the winner!
- If you have won the PREVIOUS MONTH’S GIVEAWAY, you are ineligible to enter for this month due to fairness to other entrants. (This will be explained in depth to the winner.)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This is a United States ONLY giveaway. I apologize in advance to all my international followers! It’ll be a pain trying to send these polishes oversees.
- You must be 13+ to enter this giveaway.
- The winner will have 2 days from the time I email you to respond back to the confirmation email.
- If I do not receive an email back in 2 days, I will pick a secondary winner.
- Gleam helps me keep the spam away! So any fraudulent entries will automatically be invalidated.
Have fun and I can’t wait to see which post this month you all enjoyed the most! Also, if you love Salon Perfect just like I do, I know you’re gonna enjoy this giveaway!
HOW TO ENTER
ALL ENTRANTS MUST COMPLETE BOTH STEPS.
- ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTION IN THE COMMENTS:
- Which Salon Perfect product (nail polish, lashes, hair removal products, brow products) do you enjoy the most?
- ENTRY COMMENTS ARE VALID ON THIS POST ONLY.
- Make sure you enter a valid email.
- FOLLOW LINK TO FINISH GIVEAWAY ENTRY:
- CLICK HERE or copy and past the following link: https://gleam.io/oG2SD/happy-nail-year-march-giveaway
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is NOT a sponsored giveaway! All products were purchased with my own money as a gift to all of my wonderful Varnishtas. Once again, this blog is for leisure and is based on personal opinion.
SALON PERFECT – ORANGE A-PEEL
My favorite color is orange so you know when I came across this color I completely gagged. My Spring season is filled with neons and this is a color that hits every sing spot on my varnish wants and needs. (I should do a post explaining those…hmmm…) It’s so fun and bright and happy that all you can do is smile while looking at this. Whether you want crowd stopping nails that show your personality or pops of color that don’t poop out at parties- this color is for you.
Comment below with your own favorite orange lacquers!
So I broke another nail again today you all! All my nails were growing perfect and pretty and bam- one just quits on me!
So now, with 9 even nails and 1 not up to par- I’ve come to a crossroads. Do I give my nail the chance to grow again while using the strengthener? Do I file the other ones short again and start over? Or do I get some acrylic nails to call it a day and make them even?
This usually is a simple decision, but it’s actually one I struggle with!
When I was in college, I had a roommate that was all about being “natural”. She used essential oils, she was about nature and going hiking and for walks just to think- she literally puked up good vibes and aura on a daily basis. College was where I first found my love for everything lacquer and I lived near Jamaica in Queens, NY where you can get a full set for $12 and call it a day.
Well, before “really” getting to know me, my roommate looked at my nails, ran up to me and the following conversation commenced:
- Her: “Oh my God! Are those acrylics on your nails?”
- Me: “Yeah?”
- Her: “Those are so bad for you! You’re gonna ruin your nail beds!”
- Me: “Really, I just thought they were-”
- (One step too close in my personal space with a look of pure seriousness in her eyes)
- Her: “Don’t ever get them again.”
That was in 2010. I don’t think I’ve had long acrylics since then.
I’ve always been a nail biter so if I did do my nails, they’d never get long before I nomed on them. However, I’ve been doing really good this year with not biting them and getting them to a wonderful length. Yet now, I’m a day late and a nail short. I know they say acrylic nails are bad for you, but it’s a way for me not to bite, to have long nails and to still let them grow!
Should I get the acrylics, cut my nails short and restart of just rock the 9 finger nail look until the other one grows again?
Comment below with your thoughts! I’d love to hear your own stories.
So this manicure was a complete accident, but I completely adore it! The design mirrors that of a finger cuff- but I have gotten that it kind of looks like butterfly wings as well. Either way, each is perfect for a springtime look that will have the whole town talking!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Paint your nails with the clear base coat.
- Paint all fingers with Easy Going.
- Use about 2 coats.
- Allow 10 minutes to dry
- Once dry, use Rough Around The Edges top coat on all fingers.
- One coat is perfect enough- however, if you want a more intense speckled look, use two coats.
- Allow 10 minutes to dry.
- Take your nail angled nail art brush and draw a triangle leading toward the middle of your finger on each nail. You do not have to fill in the insides with the brush, just get the general outline of how sharp or angled you want your triangle to be. Leave enough space from the tip to still expose the textured top coat.
- Use your nail polish brush on the lid of Black on Black to fill inside of the triangle to the base of your nail. You’re basically filling in the blank here. Make sure it is not so heavy of a coat- you still have to use the dotting tool as well!
- Use your nail dotting tool to make several dots around the edge of the triangle. This will give a more detailed focus for your nail besides the harshness of the black.
- Use a top clear coat over the finished product to adhere all the layers and give it extra shine.
- This nail session should take about1 hour- depending on your patience!
ONE WEEK LATER
WORDS OF ADVICE
- Easy Going is a wonderful pale pink base coat for any heavy top coats your are looking for. It’s also wonderful by itself for the spring if you are going for more neutral colors. I will say it seemed a bit thin compared to the other polishes I’ve used- but since I was covering it with Rough Around The Edges- I wasn’t bothered by it. Plus, once it was added to the finish with the dotting tool, it creates this complex- but calming air about the manicure.
- Rough Around The Edges is better than what I could have ever asked for! The pattern is so spectacular and the hot pink and black speckles go great together to create an eye pleasing pattern. It’s got a rough texture to it, but I think that bodes with with the overall look of course. It’s a 5 star top coat, I promise!
- Black on Black as I’ve said before, is an amazing shade. It’s thick, it’s rich and it comes on perfectly. It’s the most best match to the colorful and busy pattern of the top coat and creates this stark contrast that is so captivating!
- TIP: The triangles in the middle of the nail give the illusion of longer nails. So instead of hawking out the money for acrylic- invest in fun ways to trick your mani into making your nails look longer.
When I tell you I bought with so many different designs before I stumbled upon simple dots and a black elongating triangles- I am not joking! This one took a lot of trial and error; even though this wasn’t the manicure I had in my mind when I started- I am completely floored by the finish. I’ve gotten so many compliments on this manicure and most people can barely believe I did it myself. But it’s easy with the steps I provided! Don’t be afraid to experiment- it may pay off in a big way!
xx – varnishta
SALON PERFECT NAIL ART LINERS – $1.98
When I came across these in Walmart, I knew I had to have them! The Salon Perfect Nail Art Liners are the perfect pocket sized cheat codes ever! They come in various colors and the beauty of it is that you have a thin nail art liner as part of the applicator! What’s a better cheat code then not having to buy or make extra tools to help you achieve different looks? I went with bright colors to add to my spring collection of varnishes, but Salon Perfect also makes liners in dark and shimmer colors as well! It’s the perfect way to top off a manicure and a secret weapon that every varnishta should have in their arsenal.
xx – varnishta
CACEE BFE NAIL LACQUER “ALLY”
I was in the nail salon the other day just browsing through the colors (which I do…it’s totally normal) and I cam across this beautiful light caramel color from Cacee names “Ally”. This picture doesn’t do this shade justice at all, because there are more tan tones that bring out this sandy and beachy feel that I am crazy about! All their lacquers have fun feminine names that give each bottle it’s own feel and quirk. I’ve never really heard of Cacee before, but with polishes like these I cannot wait to find out more!
xx – varnishta
While searching Youtube for some must have tutorials, I had to spotlight my favorite channel- Nova Nails Inc, for this innovative smokey and foiled how-to that I cannot wait to re-create! Check out her channel and make sure you stay on your toes for her anxiously awaited new line of lacquers coming soon!
I’ve always seen foiled manicures and they look great! However- the smokey manicure is something I haven’t thought about using- which makes me want to try it myself! It just looks so gothic, chic and beautiful which makes this how-to all the more amazing! I can’t wait to start recreating this and I love sharing this with my Varnishtas so you can get a feel for it as well.
FOLLOW NOVA NAILS INC ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
I am in LOVE with this Salon Perfect shade! In. Love. It’s the perfect cool tone for spring without dragging the winter iciness with you. Just remember that bright doesn’t always have to be neon. This varnish will bring a lightness to anyones lacquer desire and I cannot wait to get my hands on this one!