Another month has passed- which means there is another giveaway in store! I hope you all have enjoyed my journey with Formula X this month! I had fun showcasing the colors in my collection and spotlighting some of their colors that are sooooo gag-worthy. As always, you know I have to hook you up with a FABULOUS giveaway to add some colors to your own collection. Whether you have tried out this varnish before or you just want to experience something new- there is nothing wrong with indulging if it’s on someone else’s dime, right? So check out the awesome giveaway I have for you below!
FORMULA X PAINT THE TOWN MINI NAIL COLLECTION – $55 value!
This set includes 22 mini polishes in:
- Moon Sign
- Dark Matter
- Absolute Zero
- White Matter
- Need for Speed
- Pedal to the Metal
Amazing? I know right! Make sure you pay close attention to this post because the entry rules are different from my other ones. I’m trying out new ways to get these production to you and selecting the winners. So instead of just commenting below or using gleam, I’m conducting this one through email! So check it out below:
As always, all of this polishes are NEW AND UNOPENED.
- START: THURSDAY, APRIL 30TH, 2015 AT 11:00PM EST
- END: THURSDAY, MAY 7TH, 2015 AT 11:00PM EST.
- WINNER WILL BE NOTIFIED ON Friday, MAY 8TH, 2015, VIA EMAIL.
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE RULES SECTION THIS GO AROUND; THEY HAVE CHANGED
- You must be a Varnishta- that means you must be follower of my blog.
- If you are not following my blog your entries will be invalid.
- Answer the question below by sending it to the Varnishta email with you name and date of birth!
- If you have won the PREVIOUS MONTH’S GIVEAWAY, you are ineligible to enter for this month due to fairness to other entrants. (This will be explained in depth to the winner.)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This is a United States ONLY giveaway. I apologize in advance to all my international followers! It’ll be a pain trying to send these polishes oversees.
- You must be 13+ to enter this giveaway.
- The winner will have 2 days from the time I email you to respond back to the confirmation email.
- If I do not receive an email back in 2 days, I will pick a secondary winner.
- Gleam helps me keep the spam away! So any fraudulent entries will automatically be invalidated.
Have fun and I can’t wait to see what you all love about Formula X and your favorite polishes by them!
- HOW TO ENTER
- FOLLOW VARNISTA.WORDPRESS.COM (You must be a follower to win)
- EMAIL VARNISHTA@GMAIL.COM WITH THE FOLLOWING THINGS:
- Subject Title: HAPPY NAIL YEAR APRIL ENTRY
- Name & Date of Birth
- Name of your Blog: [so I can verify you follow Varnishta]
- Answer the following questions:
- What is your favorite Formula X Polish?
- What is ONE thing you learned about Formula X this month from the main Varnishta blog?
- ALL ENTRANTS MUST COMPLETE BOTH STEPS.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is NOT a sponsored giveaway! All products were purchased with my own money as a gift to all of my wonderful Varnishtas. Once again, this blog is for leisure and is based on personal opinion.
FORMULA X MONTH IN REVIEW
Hey Varnishtas! So as the month is winding down, you know it is time for the Formula X Month In Review. I’ve picked my favorite colors from this month and now I get to gush about how much you should try them! My favorite thing to do- ever. I have been using the Formula X Paint The Town collection and a few bottles of colors I love to try out these! All the ones above can be found in the Paint The Town Collection- which is an amazing collection that you should try out. It gives you this lovely array of color that can satisfy any varnish need.
- WHITE MATTER- Everything matters about White Matter. It’s this GORGEOUS creme-white that makes you feel pretty and perfect in just a few strokes. I don’t recommend this as a base, just because it doesn’t come on as thick as the other colors. However, if you are looking for an elegant and classy color to wear for an evening out (or an evening in), this color is all the rage. It gets a B+ in my book!
- GEMINI – This color is what I am LIVING for. Seriously. I used this in my Pop Art manicure and the pop of color was amazing. Gemini is this beautiful light maroon color that is not watery. It comes out in about two strokes and the color is so brilliant. I’ll give this one an A. I’m not sure I’d use it over and over again, but for any kind of accent colors or something quick and on the go I would definitely recommend it.
- MOON SIGN – This color gets an A+ from me. This one was used in my Under The Moonshine It is that perfect blue glitter polish (not too dark, not too light) that will enhance any look. This polish is so beautiful and the amount of glitter in each stroke is divine. There is this beautiful glitter that happens in the sunlight and I would recommend this for anyone looking for a fun polish for the Spring.
xx – varnishta
FORMULA X PRESS PODS – $7-20 (ON SALE AT SEPHORA.COM)
So I was on the fence about these when I first saw them. These are one of the innovative steps coming along in the nail polish industry. Think of them as more compact nail polish pens. You invert the polish and press the pod until a dot of nail polish is on the built in brush- then paint your nails. The nail polish comes on nice and thick and you get a good wear out of it; but I honestly am still on the fence about these. After two coats I barely had enough for a second use- so I definitely think these are meant for one manicure. I think that it’s a great idea for an on the go option. Just throw one of these in your purse for an on the go mani! But for long term use, invest in a bottle of Formula X. It’s worth it.
MICHAEL KORS NAIL POLISH – $18 (SPORTY PICTURED ABOVE)
I am in love with the Michael Kors varnishes. I haven’t tried them myself, but I’ve seen them on other people and I just adore the colors. They come as companions to the fragrances, but I think they are just the perfect extra add on to a great scent. The polishes come in beautiful metallics, bright spring neons and perfect dark colors that would enhance any collection. Also, they might be a little bit pricey for most tastes- but don’t fret! Usually during the holiday seasons these polishes go on sale as low as $6 a bottle and $16 for a full set of polishes. So look around any major holidays to see if these beauties are on sale.
Varnishta is coming up on it’s 4 month anniversary and I would LOVE to know what is on all of your minds? I’ve thrown up a couple different segments and recurring themes over the past few months. If you notice, there are many recurring ones that I love to circulate back. Such as:
I’d love to know which of these would you like to see more of? I know you all happen upon Varnishta for many different reason; but what can I do to enhance your experience?
Tell me below in the comments which one is your favorite (or two, or three!).
I have linked all the categories for you to check out and judge for yourself. I’d love to help this website grow as my followers increase in numbers as well!
So please- go crazy! I’d love to hear your input!
xx – varnishta
ANGEL EAU DE TOILETTE – $68-$98
I realized today that my manicure matched one of my favorite fragrances so I just had to share! Plus, it’s been a while since I’ve shown my fragrance fancies! Angel Eau De Toilette is my go-to everyday fragrance. It’s not as strong as the regular Angel fragrance but there is this powdery hint of pink pepper, candied praline, bergamot and red berries that makes it perfect for the Spring and Summer months. The small bottle runs for $68 and the large bottle (pictured above) is $98. However, these bottles are refillable which is a saving grace! And that is for as long as you own the bottle. No other company can offer that.
Comment below with your favorite fragrance for the Spring season?
xx – varnishta
ESSIE SLEEK STICK – RETAIL $9.99 (SALE 1.99)
So I was shopping at Marshalls today and I came across an amazing find. These Essie Sleek Sticks retail for about $9.99 at Target- but found them all the way marked down to $1.99! Of course, I indulged a little and bought three designs that I loved the most. They are (from left to right):
- stick with style
- small pleasure
- croc madame
I can’t wait to try these out because I’ve never used nail appliqués before! Plus, they are UV cured and come in so many different, high fashion patterns that will set my manicures apart from the rest.
Comment below if you have used these before. Tell me what you think!
FORMULA X PER SEPHORA REVIEW + TUTORIAL NAIL ART PASTELLO BY FEDERICA CIMETTI
In honor of my April Formula X Happy Nail Year, this Must Have Mani is all Formula X and all in Italian. However, DO NOT LET THE LANGUAGE BARRIER INTIMIDATE YOU! Nail Polish is a universal language and Federica’s tutorials are so well done and easy to follow. I promise you will just press play and fall into the language of polish and perfection without breaking a sweat. Plus, these spring pastels by Formula X makes spring bloom right off of the spring. Watch this wonderful tutorial and make sure to follow Federica on social media!
xx – varnishta
CLOSER BY NICK JONAS
So as I previously posted I went to Auburn University’s A-Day to enjoy concerts, food and fun times! I even did a manicure to celebrate in honor of my little holiday. So one of the concerts that I got to see was Nick Jonas and I am now officially a fan. His show was really good and I enjoyed hearing music I was not expecting. So I figured I would spotlight one of the songs I liked and jammed to while I was doing my nails that weekend!
Auburn Inspired Nails
xx – varnishta