As May comes to a close, I hope you all got to enjoy all the fun things about The New Black polish as much as I did! I was so excited to show you all the amazing sets and just how awesome this brand actually is. If you’re looking for a varnish that has a pre-curated palette that will fit your every need- look no further!
I’m gonna be totally honest with you all. Finding a totally awesome giveaway set was a little hard this month. And I literally mean it when I say FINDING it- because The New Black isn’t sold commercially the way the other brands are. You can find them online, but I like going into a store and actually picking out the products for the giveaway. It’s the best part! And in the US [at least in my area] the main places you can find The New Black is at Burlington Coat Factory and Sephora. Even though I love me some Burlington, I know EVERYONE has a Sephora near their area. So I just thought….yeah, you guessed it- this month, why not just give away a $20 GIFT CARD TO SEPHORA! Let’s say that one more time:
$20 GIFT CARD TO SEPHORA!!!!!
photo from sephora website
$20 SEPHORA GIFT CARD
So this way, you can pop into a Sephora near you and see if they carry The New Black Polish- or you can hop online and order a set of the Glimmer Twins nail set that they feature on their website. What you do with your gift card is at your own discretion! Just know that this purchase- Varnishta has got you covered!
Make sure to check out the rules and everything below, they have changed a bit! I will be modeling this giveaway after last month’s process since it was such a big success!
As always, all of this polishes are NEW AND UNOPENED.
- START: SUNDAY, MAY 31ST, 2015 AT 11:00PM EST
- END: FRIDAY, JUNE 5TH, 2015 AT 11:00PM EST.
- WINNER WILL BE NOTIFIED ON SATURDAY, JUNE 6TH, 2015, VIA EMAIL.
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION! THE RULES FOR THIS GIVEAWAY IS THE SAME AS LAST MONTH.
- You must be a Varnishta- that means you must be follower of my blog.
- If you are not following my blog your entries will be invalid.
- Answer the question below by sending it to the Varnishta email with you name and date of birth!
- If you have won the PREVIOUS MONTH’S GIVEAWAY, you are ineligible to enter for this month due to fairness to other entrants. (This will be explained in depth to the winner.)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This is a United States ONLY giveaway. I apologize in advance to all my international followers!
- You must be 13+ to enter this giveaway.
- The winner will have 2 days from the time I email you to respond back to the confirmation email.
- If I do not receive an email back in 2 days, I will pick a secondary winner.
HAVE FUN AND I CAN’T WAIT TO READ WHY YOU ALL LOVE THE NEW BLACK!
HOW TO ENTER
- FOLLOW VARNISTA.WORDPRESS.COM (You must be a follower to win)
- EMAIL VARNISHTA@GMAIL.COM WITH THE FOLLOWING THINGS:
- Subject Title: HAPPY NAIL YEAR MAY ENTRY
- Name & Date of Birth
- Name of your Blog: [so I can verify you follow Varnishta]
- Answer the following questions:
- What is your favorite The New Black Nail Tutorial and why?
- What was your favorite post this month on the Varnishta blog?
- ALL ENTRANTS MUST COMPLETE BOTH A & B.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is NOT a sponsored giveaway! All products were purchased with my own money as a gift to all of my wonderful Varnishtas. Once again, this blog is for leisure and is based on personal opinion.
So my May Varnish of The Month has served me well; so as the month comes to a close you know I MUST give you my top picks when it comes to The New Black. We shall start off with my go to varnish set!
- Walrus (above) – Is a solid A for me. The whole set is this beautiful range of nudes and bases that go with every outfit and can satisfy every mood. Literally, it is the best nude palette I’ve owned to date. The colors come on thick and don’t chip away super easy, which is a big plus for me. Also, the design I did on my nails were all from these polishes above, so I didn’t have to come in with thicker colors to stick! A totally reliable set that I will use again and again!
- Magical Moss (right)- I’ve stated this before and I will state this again, I ADORE the green shade in this set. It’s this purely magical shifting green that adds dimension to any manicure you’re going to do. Also the shimmering gold and green polish with red flecks brings this manicure to a whole different level! A+++++!
- Femme Fatale (left)- Is it possible for a varnish to be like, the sexiest color you have every used? Because when it comes to Femme Fatale, the deep purple color is so captivating it just evokes this confidence that I am all about! Seriously, it’s like having a secret weapon on your nails. When it comes to the shimmer in this set, I’m not completely in love with it. However, I think the deep purple makes up for what the gold shimmer lacks. B+.
xx – varnishta
Blood Dripping Dazzler
Mark my words. For Halloween I will have this manicure. I am officially obsessed- like I even know the color and brand I’m gonna use and everything!
xx – varnishta
90s Disney by Todrick Hall ft. Shoshana Bean
This has been on repeat for me ALL WEEK. I think it’s so cool and innovative and such a fun song to paint your nails to. I dare you to press play- you will be addicted! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!
xx – varnishta
THE NEW BLACK GLIMMER TWINS -$7.00 (SEPHORA)
Even though the brand is called “The New Black” doesn’t meant they don’t have an amazing option for when you want a darker look. You can accomplish some show stopping style with the Glimmer Twins set. They pair a beautiful base of black with a popping black shimmer that will have everyone in the mood. This particular set can be found on Sephora.com part of their Glimmer Twins collection. Plus, it’s on sale for $7.00 and we all know that for this product that is a steal!
It’s storming outside. Boooo! But I do enjoy stormy days to light a candle and paint some varnish on my nails. Right now, I am completely obsessed with dark colors for these stormy days we have. Plus, I am totally pampering myself with Femme Fatale by The New Black. What kind of colors do you all like to use for rainy days?
photo from sheshopmakeup.com
MAC TOLEDO NAIL LACQUER COLLECTION – $13.50
- Faint of Heart
- Venus Red
MAC TOLEDO LIPSTICK COLLECTION
The Mac Toledo Collection took my heart by storm when it premiered in store on February 5th, 2015 and I HAD to have it. This collection was curated by Isabel and Ruben Toledo; married fashion designers whose fun flair and innovative design sense instantly made the Toledo collection a winner. So of course, when I saw their lacquer collection all I wanted to do was spring forward and get every single color. However, aside from being a varnish girl- I am a lipstick girl as well. So all of my funds went to buying their sought after lipstick collection. Trust me, I am so glad I live close to a mall that has a less trafficked MAC store because most collections that are sold out in the city are always there for purchasing.
The lacquers come in three colors. Faint of Heart, which is a pale milky cream shade that would go great with any nude look. There is Venus Red, a cream clean true red that will make any woman feel empowered. Last but not least, Vixen, a cream deep burgundy red that is bold and beautiful. Each varnish runs for $13.50 and even though this collection is no longer available in store, you can still purchase it from the MAC website.
xx – varnishta
THE NEW BLACK NOBLE SPIRITS TUTORIAL
Last week I raved about the Noble Spirits set from The New Black by Christina Rinaldi. Today I found this amazing nail art tutorial called “Dot Stripes” curated by Christina Rinaldi herself on a fun way to bring out the bold colors of this set. It’s a super easy tutorial to recreate and your nails will be primed and prepped for the summer. Let me know below if you found this tutorial as easy to follow as I did! Also, I’d love to see your own recreations of this amazing varnish set!
xx – varnishta
So Memorial Day is coming up and I hope you all are enjoying yourselves! I got inspired by this lovely margarita to create a fun pre-Summer nail tutorial for you all! Plus, this Americana Margarita was way too pretty not to replicate. If only I could replicate the taste- yum. Check back next week to see the outcome! In the mean time, let me know about the drinks that inspire you to kick back and enjoy getting your nails done!
xx – varnistha