WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Paint all fingers except your ring finger on both hands with Treble Maker. Allow to air dry for 10 minutes.
- Once dry, paint each finger with OPI- Gold Shatter. Allow to air 5 minutes to dry. (The Gold Shatter should not take long to dry.)
- IMPORTANT – ONLY USE A THIN LAYER OF GOLD SHATTER. If you use too much, the polish will NOT crackle and you’ll just have a gold sheen over jade nails.
- Once dried, paint over the crackle with Ciate Silicone Top Coat for a thick, gel like shine. Allow to dry for 15 minutes in front of your fan.
- This nail session should take about 30 minutes! Quick and easy!
WORDS OF ADVICE
- Treble Maker is a beautiful summer color on it’s own; but it was a bit too bright for my taste. It kind of has that optical illusion color change thing about it, where it goes from jade green to a sort of lime green in certain lights. If you’re up for those immediate bold colors, by all means try this one! However, the gold does tone it down and adds a bit of finesse to it. B
- OPI – Gold Shatter is my go to top coat when it comes to an easy design. You can throw it on one nail to add a touch of fancy gold or use it on all nails to add dimension to an all around flat design. A+ of course, you knew this already.
- The Ciate Silicone Top Coat is heaven sent and I got this in the Haute House Patent Leather set a few months ago. I did not know that I was going to fall in LOVE with this top coat. It gives this thick sort of gel like sheen to the nails that make them look like you got them done in a salon. Bravo! The only drawback is that it gets a bit….clumpy….towards….the…end…of…the….bottle. 😦 But overall, I still love it. A-
- This manicure lasted me a week and a half without chipping or fraying, so I definitely recommending this tutorial to anyone and everyone looking for a bit of summer fun!
Make sure to post your own adaptations or let me know how this tutorial works out for you! Also, link me to your own China Glaze nail designs! I’d love to see what styles you all went for!
YOU ARE NOW VARNISTA-VERIFIED