With Back to School season in full swing and the summer coming to an end, I am SO glad I got to spotlight so many beautiful polish colors Forever 21 has to offer. From their perfect repackaging and their variety of colors and shades- Forever 21 has become a one stop shop for fashion and essentials. So as a little gift from me to you, this months giveaway item is….
base photo from forever 21.com
You had to have seen this coming, Varnishtas! You know I have you covered for all your Fall fashion and polish needs! Buy some clothes, buy some shoes, a nice big ticket item on me or just rack up on polish! The sky is the limit- well, $25 is the limit, but either way I hope you enjoy this little token of sunshine!
Now lets get to the giveaway rules below:
- START: TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 1ST, 2015 AT 12:00AM EST
- END: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH, 2015 AT 12:00AM EST.
- WINNER WILL BE NOTIFIED ON FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 12TH, 2015, VIA EMAIL.
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE RULES SECTION.
- You must be a Varnishta- that means you must be follower of my blog.
- If you are not following my blog your entries will be invalid.
- Answer the questions/tasks below by sending it to the Varnishta email with you name and date of birth!
- If you have won the PREVIOUS MONTH’S GIVEAWAY, you are ineligible to enter for this month due to fairness to other entrants. (This will be explained in depth to the winner.)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This is a United States ONLY giveaway. I apologize in advance to all my international followers! It’ll be a pain trying to send these polishes oversees.
- You must be 13+ to enter this giveaway.
- The winner will have 2 days from the time I email you to respond back to the confirmation email.
- If I do not receive an email back in 2 days, I will pick a secondary winner.
Have fun and I can’t wait to see what you all love about Forever 21!
HOW TO ENTER
- FOLLOW VARNISTA.WORDPRESS.COM (You must be a follower to win)
- EMAIL VARNISHTA@GMAIL.COM WITH THE FOLLOWING THINGS:
- Subject Title: HAPPY NAIL YEAR AUGUST ENTRY
- Name & Date of Birth
- Name of your Blog: [so I can verify you follow Varnishta]
- Answer the following question:
- What Forever 21 Polish is your Back to School must have?
- Link your favorite post from this month on Varnishta! Make sure to put why you liked it.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is NOT a sponsored giveaway! All products were purchased with my own money as a gift to all of my wonderful Varnishtas. Once again, this blog is for leisure and is based on personal opinion.
FOREVER 21 POLISH MONTH IN REVIEW
Another month has gone by and I’m excited to show you my favorite polish picks for the month! I’ve gone with my go-tos and the colors that I went completely crazy over for the month of August!
- When I saw this color online, I freaked out about how pretty it looked. The blue was so deep and striking I was sure this had to be some sort of texture or post effect manipulation. However, when I purchased this color in store, the blue was even more vibrant than I imagined! Plus, it just pops on your hands for a beautiful finish.
- MIAMI PINK
- This was my choice polish “End of Summer” polish and I don’t regret it. It teeters the line of a perfect Summer pink and a Fall floral that hits the ground running. It’s not too bright and never dull- my kind of polish indeed.
- Rose is a beautiful red perfect for the upcoming fall. I’m all about the fierceness a good red polish can bring you so brave- rose! It’s definitely a Fall essential.
- GEL LOOK CLEAR TOP COAT
- I bought a lot of F21 Gel Look polishes over the course of this month. As much as I loved the way they all wore perfectly with only one coat of polish, they do have a $1 extra price lift than the other polishes. So by going with this clear top coat, I can just put this on any of my regular polishes and get that Gel Look feel! I love it, A++.
xx – varnishta
JOJO – WHEN LOVE HURTS
JoJo released three new songs. Yes, that JoJo- the one you used to jam to during you adolescent/teen years. I am so excited for her new music and her “tringle” is worth a listen. All three songs hit the spot in different ways, but this song I find myself singing along with while I polish my nails for the week. Take a moment to check it out!
SC “A CLASS ACT” COLLECTION X ABU DHABI DESERT TOUR
What do you get when you mix a majestic Summer oasis in the middle of the desert witha beautiful Back to School Fall inspired collection by Sinful Colors? A beautiful season changing collection that will make any nail polish collection sparkle. Like I said in my previous post– a close friend of mine reached out for me to help her with a travel series she is doing; and while editing the beautiful piece I found so many colors reminiscent to the Sinful Colors “A Class Act” collection. I’ve swatched a few of the shades in the picture, but I’ve gone through and matched some of the polished to the vibrant colors in the video!
SINFUL COLORS “A CLASS ACT” 2015 COLLECTION
[FROM BOTTOM LEFT TO TOP LEFT]
- WHITEBOARD [DEMI MATTE]
- The matte white goes perfectly with the Toyota Land Cruisers cutting through the desert sand like a knife on hot butter.
- ENERGETIC RED
- That pop of beautiful red during the second scene reminded me of the vibrant pop of red that this polish embodies.
- REBEL ROSE
- The beautiful lanterns a the entrance of the oasis capture beautiful blues, striking yellows and a calming magenta that embodies Rebel Rose.
- A glistening plum color to help you relax after a long day of adventures.
- PURPLE DIAMOND
- Can you twirl a baton and shake your hips to be the sparkle in everyone’s eye? Show off your belly dancing skills with this twinkling violet varnish.
- GLASS PINK
- A sheer and shiny pink shimmer that glimmers like a mirage on the horizon.
- VIPEACH [DEMI MATTE]
- The grilled corn at the desert oasis reminded me of this color. It’s bold and striking by itself with a bit of char thanks to the demi matte.
- FEEL THE VIBE
- A juicy orange that drips with fun and ferocity, especially in the desert oasis filled with leisure and lustre.
- You’ve got to be a daredevil to ride down dunes and climb camels and this neon pink definitely accompanies your behavior.
- LATE NIGHT HAUTE
- This beautiful turquoise with 3D flecks glimmer with the lights and feel of the belly dancer section. You feel the party just about ready to get started!
The collection contains 27 beautiful back to school colors, but I have pictured 10 in the photo above. Each color is so vibrant and vivacious that they dance to the beat of their own drum. As always, Sinful Colors polishes range just below $2 at most stores and can be found at Walmart, Walgreens, Big Lots and other pharmacy/drug store equivalents.
I hope you all enjoy this Varnishta Premiere and get a wonderful taste of what Abu Dhabi has to offer! Sit back and relax with a wonderful coat of polish.
xx – varnishta
Fall is just around the corner! I can see it from a mile away. What Fall polish color are you most looking forward to see?
xx – varnishta
photo from forever21.com
NCLA AU NATURALE NAIL WRAPS [$16.00]
Achieve the ombré look without the ombré hassle with the NCLA Au Naturale nail wraps. It goes from a beautiful dark dark color to a pale beige neutral which is super fun for the upcoming Fall season. These wraps can be found on the F21 website as well as the ShopNCLA website.
xx – varnishta
SNEAK PEAK – SUMMER DESERT PICKS
Hey everyone! So I have a special premiere planned to launch on the site sometime this week! I think I’ve mentioned this before, but my “day job” is that I’m a freelance Filmmaker and Editor so I have a lot of projects I finish and not really a platform to show them! So I’ve combined blog and film forces and created a Color Swatch for my video that I hope is Varnishta worthy!
Tune in this week for the full video and color swatch palette- polishes provided by Sinful Colors.
xx – varnishta